So you want to attend Real Estate School and you’re considering taking the pre-licensure course online. Congratulations. You’re lot only pursuing a career that could be very lucrative for you, but you’re choosing a method of learning that is very independent- just like real estate careers. You can take a 40-hour pre-licensure course on site at various schools, but taking classes online is a sure way to make sure that you’re focused at the task at hand without classroom disruptions. It is convenient and you can go at your own pace. This is also a great option if you’re moving to a new state and want to study and prepare for the exam before you move. Here are some tips on choosing the right online real estate school for you.
- Look for accreditation. You want to make sure that your state will hour the licensing class through the online real estate schools you’re considering. You can check your state’s department of labor for a list of schools although the list may not be complete.
- Choose a program with continuing education. If you plan to practice real estate, you’ll have to take a course once a year to stay on top of the latest changes in the real estate industry. Also, you may want to move up in the industry, such as becoming a broker. If the online school also offers other courses in addition to the basic real estate agent pre-licensure course, you’ll already be familiar with the school and the way they operate.
- Choose an online real estate school with exam preparation help. You will not only want to study the materials for the test, but you may want some extra assistance in preparing for it. Check with your candidate programs if they offer additional study services such as mock tests and study CDs.
- Choose a program with real assistance. You’ll want to have a way to reach real people if you are having trouble understanding the materials. Make sure you can reach out to an instructor via email or phone so you can get real live help.
- Shop around for tuition. There are a number of options available depending on the state where you live so shop around to find the best price. Prices vary at around a couple hundred dollars for the course. Balance value with quality.
Now that you’ve got these tips you’re ready to search the Internet for online real estate courses.